Newest Job Security Seminar and other News

Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 by Scott

My first term as a student at Kaplan University, I attended a seminar by Debra Yergen. She has a great blog at http://creatingjobsecurity.blogspot.com that I follow religiously with both my blogspot blog, and also just by the RSS feed. She is a great speaker and very motivational, she has a lot of interesting content and you can check out her site.

On a URL shortner note, I noticed in a post on the bit.ly blog that the service tr.im was closing down. This is a sad thing to most of us because even though there are some shorter ones we can use, tr.im was a GREAT name for a URL shortner, and I know that many like myslef loved their interface and tracking system. I think it is sad that a service so well set up and clearly had so much time and effort was considered not to be worth buying by anyone. I am hoping they change their minds, but I am not holding my breath.

In other news, I have not had much time to work on my blog and what little time I have had I have put into the businesses blog that I do work for. I added a lot to it so if you have not been or it has been awhile check it out and make a comment to see the new rettagr. If you have not yet heard of this service it is GREAT, you can check out the companys profile page to get an idea. It shows any of the communities you belog to such as Twitter, FaceBook, YouTube and so many others I just cannot name them all!

O.K. so as a quick wrap up, Thank you to Debra for the great seminar, I always get great information from your seminars and I urge and Kaplan University Students who can attend to attend one, their is another one Monday August 24th at 9:00 p.m. Eastern time. Now is time for me to finish up a couple of things for school and head on to bed so that I can wake up and do this all over again tomorrow!!

Posted via web from kapone's posterous

1 comments:

Scott says:

I agree, some of the most informative web sites I go to now are blog based sites. Blogs seem to give a voice to people who have a lot of great things to say, but either did not have the coding experience or time before to code and design a full web site for their ideas. You can find some great contacts and information that will help you in both your college career and life.

Thank You for your comment.

Scott

http://www.kstudent.com


http://srkap.blogspot.com