Week Number 8 of Term Number 5

Posted on Saturday, February 27, 2010 by Scott

Hello All,

I know that I have been slacking when it comes to updating my blogs. I try to make a post at least every week or so, but this sometimes is hard having two children, a job and being a full time college student. I did want to make a quick update to say that my fifth term at Kaplan is going great! I received the notice today that I was accepted in the IS&T Ambassadors and Leaders Program at Kaplan. This is a great group of student and faculty who are serious about learning and helping others and I am thrilled to be surrounded by so many bright and ready to help anyone who is in need.
A friend of mine, who not only is also in the IS&T Ambassadors and Leaders Program, but also in about every other Honor society there is started his first blog on February 20th. He and I had spoke by both LinkedIn and via email sharing ideas as both of us are in web design and development. After me talking so much about my blogs and some of the CMS set-ups I test like Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress he decided that he was going to jump in and make his blog here at Blogger.com. Be sure to check his blog out at http://davidsthoughtsandobservations.blogspot.com . He has been a good influence and helped me to see there is still people who want to excel in life and help others to do the same.
As stated in the title, I am in the 8th week of my fifth term and anyone who is a student at Kaplan knows that the terms are ten weeks. I have to complete a total of 9 terms for my Associates Degree in Information Technology. After I receive my Associates degree I plan to "jump right back in" and start on the path th my bachelors degree. The experience I have had thus far at Kaplan has been much more than just obtaining knowledge but it has helped me to have more self confidence, discipline and drive to complete my goals.
I will try my best to do better at the updates in the future as time permits and thank you to everyone who has helped and encouraged me to do my best. Without the help and support of friends, My wonderful wife and my grandparents I do not think I would have even been able to return to college, much less do as well and learn as much as I have.
If you have any comments, please feel free to place those in the comments section and if you would like to reach me you can do so by the email link at the bottom of the page or by going to my Contact Page and filling out the simple form.
Thank You for taking the time to read my blog and about what is going on in my life,
Scott

0 Responses to "Week Number 8 of Term Number 5":